Requirements to Vote by Proxy
If you will not be in attendance at the Cove Norris Annual HOA Membership Meeting and wish to have another individual cast your vote by proxy please follow these Board of Directors approved procedures to allow the Cove Norris HOA to verify the authenticity of your proxy delegation.
- Make sure you are an Active Member of the HOA. An active member is an individual/couple who has paid their dues for the 2021/2022 fiscal year or, if new to the community, has prepaid their dues for 2022/2023 fiscal year.
- In advance of the annual meeting, but no later than 8:00 pm on Thursday, July 14, notify the HOA President in writing, by either Email or Text, that you will be voting by proxy:
- State the name of the person you have given your proxy to,
- Confirm that the holder of your proxy will vote on all items which may be presented to the Membership. and
- If you wish to limit your proxy to certain items please state what those specific items are. In the absence of a statement to limit the proxy holders ability to vote on your behalf if will be assumed they have an unlimited ability to vote on your behalf.
- If after written notification, by either Email or Text, to the HOA President of your proxy delegation, you attend the meeting and wish to vote in person you must notify the HOA President prior to a vote being held.
- If you attend the annual membership meeting to vote an individual/couple’s proxy, upon arrival::
- Please sign in for that member as “proxy – your name”, and
- Identify yourself to the HOA President who will confirm your ability to vote for the member based on the member’s written notification in accordance with item 2) above.